Which IELTS Online Coaching Is Right for You? Take This Questionnaire to Find Out
Every student has a different learning need, style and goal. It is difficult to recommend a specific IELTS online coaching program without taking these individual needs into account. Only after researching different IELTS online classes and considering factors such as quality of instructors, cost of the program, curriculum, and customer reviews should one make a decision.
A better approach is attending demo classes offered by different IELTS coaching centres. This way you also get to know how responsive and supportive the coaching centre is and whether they will cater to your specific needs. Ultimately, the right IELTS online coaching program for you is the one that meets your needs and helps you achieve your goals.
Now, to find the IELTS online coaching program that’s most suitable to your needs, you can start with the following questions or criterion of selection.
What is your goal and what is it that you are looking for in an IELTS online classes program?
Every individual who takes the IELTS exam has a certain goal in mind, which can range from studying abroad to immigrating to a foreign country of their choice. It’s important to have a clear goal in mind before you choose the right IELTS Coaching for you, as it will help you narrow down your options and find programs that align with your needs.
Your goals could be:
- Applying for a study visa in countries like Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand, Australia, etc. For this, you need a minimum score of 6 bands for graduation and 6.5 for post-graduation courses.
- Applying for a work visa in foreign countries with a minimum score of 6.5 bands. The IELTS test is often required by employers as part of the hiring process for positions abroad. Applicants take the test in order to improve their chances of finding work in another country.
- Obtaining a PR in Canada, UK, Australia with a minimum band score of 5.5 – 6 overall. Many countries have immigration policies that require applicants to demonstrate a certain level of English proficiency in order to be eligible for immigration. The IELTS test is one way to do this, as it is a well-established and widely recognized test of English language skills. In addition, the IELTS test is designed to assess the language skills that are most relevant to daily life in an English-speaking country, such as reading, writing, speaking, and listening. As a result, it is seen as a reliable indicator of an applicant’s ability to communicate effectively in English, which can be important for successful integration into a new country.
- Working on all your weaker areas or a specific section of the IELTS exam, which can be reading, writing, speaking or listening. IELTS coaching can provide targeted support and guidance for a specific section of the test, helping you focus on the areas where you need the most help. Not only that, you are given tips and strategies for tackling the test, including approaches for managing time and maximising scores.
What metrics should you keep in mind when looking for the best IELTS online coaching programs?
You can start by using consumer review sites to find and compare different programs. These days google reviews are the most popular, relevant and trusted. Besides that you can follow this checklist:
Student reviews on google –
Student reviews for IELTS can provide insight into the level of support and resources that are provided to students at an IELTS institute, including things like access to practice tests and study materials. They help you get the information about the quality of instruction at an IELTS institute and whether or not students feel that they are receiving a high-quality education. It’s crucial to pick a programme with a strong reputation in the market and high ratings from test-takers among its students. If you want to read reviews for any course, all you have to do is perform a simple online search for the company’s name and look at the number of five-star reviews it has received. The majority of ratings should be 5 stars, if not all of them.
You should keep in mind that a course’s curriculum should place equal emphasis on both academic knowledge and practical learning. Assignments, exercises, mock test analysis, and doubt-clearing sessions should be included in addition to the course syllabus because they all contribute to assisting you get the band score you want and enhance your learning process. The curriculum should include opportunities for one-on-one instruction with an experienced IELTS instructor to help students address specific areas of weakness and receive personalised guidance. An effective IELTS online classes curriculum should provide a comprehensive and structured approach to preparing for the IELTS exam, with a focus on developing the skills and knowledge needed to succeed.
Quality of instructors –
It is rightly said that having great mentors to serve as your teachers makes learning even more enjoyable and intriguing. Consequently, while choosing an online IELTS course for yourself, be sure to select a course that is taught by qualified instructors who have taken the IELTS examination themselves and passed with flying colours. The instructors should be able to provide personalized attention to their students and help them identify and address any areas of weakness. Providing constructive feedback to their students, helping them identify areas for improvement and encouraging them to work towards their goals are other factors that you should see in an instructor. By choosing an IELTS institute with quality instructors, you can be confident that you are receiving expert guidance and support as you prepare for the IELTS exam.
Class size –
When you study in a class with 20 other students, there is a great likelihood that you won’t get adequate attention from your instructors. Choose a course that has a small batch size of 4-5 students in order to receive full attention. With a small batch size, students are more likely to feel comfortable participating in class discussions and activities, which can enhance their learning experience.
IELTS Study material and practice tests –
The best preparation can only be ensured if you have the required amount of study materials and resources available to you. Therefore, you must select a course that allows you free access to a variety of study materials like eBooks, Assignments, IELTS practice tests, etc. Free resources can help students save money on study materials and other resources that they might need to prepare for the IELTS exam. It’s important to keep in mind that while free resources can be a valuable asset, they should not be the only factor considered when choosing an IELTS online coaching. It’s also important to consider the quality of the instruction and support provided by the institute, as well as the overall reputation and track record of the institute.
Learning focus –
Associate yourself with an organisation that values your overall learning and development rather than only focusing on course completion, since living in a foreign country and taking the IELTS exam requires you to polish your language skills and become confident and fluent while speaking.
Does the IELTS Online coaching centre have a customer service team? Will you get support if anything goes wrong?
Online coaching programs are backed by a whole network of technical teams, counsellors, management, instructors and customer team, and so on. Students should be supported by a team member for any kind of support during their online learning journey. Here’s your checklist:
Trial or demo class –
A demo class allows you to experience what a typical class will be like and get a feel for the teaching style and approach of the instructor. This can help you decide whether or not the class is a good fit for you. Along with that, it provides an opportunity to assess the quality of instruction and determine whether or not the instructor is knowledgeable and able to effectively teach the material. During a demo class, you can ask all the doubts and questions regarding the course and get a better understanding of the class and what it entails.
Assistance from the Tech team –
Online classes can be disrupted by technical issues such as internet connectivity issues, audio or video problems, or problems with the platform being used. A tech team can help troubleshoot and resolve these issues to ensure that classes run smoothly. A tech team can provide support for the platform being used for online classes, including helping students with account setup, navigation, and hardware and software issues that may arise during online classes, such as problems with laptops or other devices. Overall, a tech team can be a valuable resource in the case of online classes, providing support and assistance to ensure that classes run smoothly and effectively.
Should you choose an online or offline program?
Quite often, students face the dilemma of choosing between the online and offline coaching for IELTS, since they don’t know which one would suit them better. While some students may prefer the structure and face-to-face interaction of offline classes, while others may prefer the flexibility and convenience of online IELTS classes. But this is an important decision that you need to make before actually looking for the best IELTS online coaching for yourself. If you are doubtful about the same, have a look at all the points of difference we have made below to help you take your decision:
- An offline program allows for in-person instruction from an experienced IELTS instructor, which can be particularly helpful for students who prefer face-to-face interaction or who need extra support and guidance. In addition to that, it provides the opportunity to interact with other students in a classroom setting, which can be a supportive and motivating environment for learning. It’s important to keep in mind that an offline IELTS preparation program may not be the best option for everyone, and other factors such as availability, location, and personal preferences should also be considered.
- On the other hand, an online IELTS preparation course enables you to attend from any location while still receiving 100% of the instructor’s attention, as each batch has a maximum of 5 students. Online classes offer a wide range of options for students, with a variety of course formats, lengths, and schedules to choose from and they can be more cost-effective than offline classes, as they often have lower overhead costs and can be more affordable for students. The additional flexibility in timing and free access to a variety of learning resources like video lectures and free mock and practice tests are unquestionably the major highlights of IELTS online classes!
Once you have figured the answers to all the above-mentioned questions and narrowed down your options, it’s time to choose the best IELTS online coaching program that not only meets your needs in the best possible manner, but also helps you achieve your goals with utmost accuracy. And what better than Yuno Learning’s IELTS preparation courses that are curated by IELTS experts and taught in live online classes at flexible timings? Till date it has trained more than hundreds of students and helped them score their target band score.