Kapalbhati pranayama is one of the techniques of doing pranayama. Here, I have described the methods of doing Kapalbhati Pranayama and its benefits in this article. And what precautions should be taken while practicing Kapalbhati also mentioned over here.
What is Kapalbhati Pranayama?
Kapalbhati is a Sanskrit word in which ‘Kapal’ means ‘skull/forehead/frontal’ and ‘Bhati’ means ‘light (fast)’. The head (forehead) becomes sharp due to the practice of Kapalabhati Pranayama, hence it is called Kapalabhati. Kapalbhati is a respiratory process that removes many types of diseases of the body and gives a new glow to brain functions. And provides energy to the whole body. If you practice Kapalbhati Pranayama regularly, then you can remain healthy throughout your life.
The practice of Kapalbhati should be done before Pranayama and Asana. Kapalbhati Pranayama provides speed to the entire head and increases memory power. Practicing this pranayama helps in awakening the dormant part of the brain. While doing Kapalbhati Pranayama, the process of breathing is like a blower. In this pranayama, the breath is taken normally but it is released with full force.
So let’s know in detail about the benefits of Kapalabhati Pranayama and how to do it.
Method of doing Kapalbhati Pranayama
To do Kapalbhati, you should know the right method of this, only then you will get the benefit of this yoga. Below you have been told the methods of doing Kapalbhati.
- Make a pose of doing meditation, padmasana sitting pose is appropriate for meditation.
- Keep your hands on the knee, keeping the spine straight.
- Close eyes and lose your body.
- Take a deep breath. (your stomach will look out a bit from your body)
- Exhale, and pull the stomach inward.
- In this sequence, take the breath 20 times and leave it out.
- After completion of Kapalbhati, sit in a state of peace for 1 minute and feel peace in the mind.
Benefits of Doing Kapalbhati Pranayama
Kapalbhati Pranayama has many benefits, but here I am going to tell you about some important benefits that you should know. Read the following:
1. Regularizing the practice of Kapalbhati leads to weight loss and obesity. This pranayama leads to purification of the nerves.
2. Kapalbhati pranayama prevents diseases from occurring. And enhances and recuperates the metabolic process.
3. This pranayama is very helpful for diabetics.
4. It calms the mind and builds confidence.
5. By doing this pranayama, reduces stress and removes dark spots around the eyes.
6. Regular rooting of Kapalbhati reduces hair growth.
7. Kapalabhati Pranayama strengthens the lungs. And cures lung disease.
8. It strengthens the muscles of the stomach.
9. The problem of constipation is overcome to a great extent by Kapalbhati.
10. Increases the shine or glow on the face. And enhances facial beauty.
11. Acidity and worm diseases are cured by doing Kapalabhati Pranayama.
12. Doing Kapalbhati Pranayam does not bring negative thoughts and increases in decision power.
Disadvantages of doing Kapalbhati
If your way of doing Kapalbhati is wrong then you may have to bear the loss too. Some of them are given the following-
- Practicing this asana in an exhausted room or place can have a bad effect on your body.
- Going through any type of surgery and you do this asana, can create trouble for you.
- Kapalbhati Kriya should not be done in cardiac disease.
- Do not do this yoga at all if you have a spinal problem.
- If you do Kapalbhati Pranayam during menstruation, you may also suffer from Kapalabhati’s side effects.
Precautions of doing Kapalbhati Pranayama
1. If you have a problem with back pain, then do not do Kapalbhati Pranayama.
2. Do not exert much strength while exhaling.
3. People suffering from heart disease, vertigo should not do this pranayama.
4. Pregnant women should not do this pranayama without the advice of a doctor.
5. After the practice of Kapalabhati, do yoga or asanas to calm the body.
6. Do not eat immediately after doing Kapalabhati Pranayama.
7. People suffering from the diseases of jaundice should not do Kapalbhati Pranayama without the advice of a doctor. To learn in-depth more yoga asanas, you can also join 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.