Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, has been one of the most ideal education destinations for international students. Tbilisi State Medical University was established in 1918 and it is the leading medical university in the country presently. Having more than a century-old legacy, it has been the alma mater of several renowned personalities from the medical field. It would be the ideal university if you are planning to study MBBS in Georgia.
Tbilisi medical university has around 7500 students and about 3000 postgraduate students. Foreign students comprise at least 25% of them. Recognized by international organizations including WHO, Tbilisi state medical university offers dental, nursing, medical, surgery, and pharmacy courses.
It would be a wise decision to obtain admission to Tbilisi State Medical University for pursuing your medical dreams. Approach a trusted abroad education consultant for complying with the formalities and enrolling in the university.
Benefits of Studying Medicine at Tbilisi State Medical University
- IELTS and TOEFL are tests conducted for evaluating the student’s English language proficiency. Qualifying in either is mandatory for joining most universities abroad. However, Tbilisi medical university doesn’t require IELTS or TOEFL.
- The flexible and feasible fee structures in the university make it affordable for students.
- The entire syllabus is in English, making it convenient for students from India and other countries where English is taught at schools. Note that, many of the universities in foreign countries use German, French, Russian, etc as the medium of classes.
- Payment of fees can be made semester-wise. Unlike the other universities, where the students have to pay a lump sum amount in advance as fees.
- Affordable travel, accommodation, and food facilities are available in Tbilisi. The cheap cost of living makes the place right for even students with a limited budget.
- No upper age limit for the student for joining the course in the university.
- Specialized training and coaching to infuse knowledge in the students. Expert teachers lead every class.
- Girls and boys have separate hostels. Thus assuring optimum privacy for both genders.
- No issues for the students with an academic gap. Those with an academic gap are also given admission to the university.
- Suitable weather conditions for students from every country.
- Simple admission process, making it easy for students to apply and obtain admission to the university.
Also Read: Answering the Queries about MBBS Abroad
Documents Required for Admission at Tbilisi State Medical University
Documents required are:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- School leaving certificate
- Birth certificate
- Migration certificate
- Photographs of the student
- Medical certificate
Duration of Medical Course in Tbilisi State Medical University
The total duration of the MBBS course at the Tbilisi State Medical University is six years. Out of which:
- Five years for theory
- One year of internship
The admissions to the university are carried out twice annually i.e. in March and September. It would be good to apply for admissions at the earliest, as the university has only limited seats for international students. With several students from countries around the world applying, the seats are filled quite fast.
The entire medical course is in English. However, the foreign students would be taught the Georgian language as well. This would help the students in communicating with the patients easily. Besides, helps them interact with the local populace without any language barriers.
There are several Indian and Asian restaurants in Tbilisi. Hence, the students from these regions can have a pleasant stay, without earning to taste the home-grown food. The climate in Georgia is pleasant and comfortable. The city is slightly humid, with mild cold in winter and normal summer heat.
Choosing Tbilisi State Medical University for an abroad education is an excellent choice. Not only does the university offers an advanced medical course, but also it is affordable to all. Nonetheless, you must remember the following before you go ahead with the admissions:
Calculate the total expenses and assess whether you have enough funds or not
- Approach only a trustworthy abroad education consultant for admissions to Tbilisi State Medical University
- Start early. Never wait for the last moment to apply to the university
- Be sure that you are passionate about the course you are going to pursue. Otherwise, you will be spending money without any fruitful result
- Discuss the pros, cons, and benefits with the professional overseas education consultant in detail. An experienced consultant would give you more insights into the course, the expense, the stay, the climate, and other conditions.
- Avoid the mistake of doing everything on your own, unless you have a clear understanding of the institution you want to join and other related aspects.
To know more about Tbilisi State Medical University and its admission process, you may contact us now.