Gmail is a free webmail service, owned by Google that provides you many efficient solutions related to your email like Google Drive, Google meets, Duo, Chats, Hangout, Docs, etc. It is widely used by many people worldwide. But sometimes, as per the specific needs of an organization or a company, they prefer to export Gmail emails to Outlook.
Whether it is about merging or syncing contacts, emails, and calendars, accessing email in offline mode, or organizing their emails in their way, people find it more convenient to do these things by switching their emails from Gmail to Outlook. And so many other features that Outlook provides, people within an organization prefer to connect via Outlook.
Before looking for a method to switch from Gmail email to Outlook. Let’s check out the factors that insist users export Gmail to Outlook.
What Could be the Reasons People Switch to Outlook from Gmail?
Well, there could be many reasons people migrate Gmail to Outlook as per their choices and preferences. Here are some of the reasons behind the migration of Gmail emails to MS Outlook.
- Better Organization of Emails: Some people simply choose to search their emails manually, some people organize their mail alphabetically, and some choose to do it in some other way. Not every user operates in the same way and using Outlook they can organize their email the way they want.
- Email’s value shifting due to flags. Where Outlook makes it easier prioritizing your emails accordingly.
- By simply adding meeting spaces, projectors, and other tools to your meetings, Outlook allows you to plan your meeting room scheduling. The resource then acts like every other attendee with the ability to auto-respond to meeting invitations and view the available or busy schedule.
- Email control while you’re Offline: Outlook serves as their central hub for scheduling meetings, obtaining additional information about a contact, dialing into conference calls, and participating in online meetings. This is one of the main reasons people move from Gmail to Outlook.
- Email suggestions: When you start writing an email, a warning appears to alert you that you may be sending it to a wide distribution list. If it wasn’t your goal when you sent the text, it’s a positive sign. This is an excellent example of allowing you to make the best choices while also assisting you in being effective.
- Outlook provides an easier way to blend emails, contacts, and calendars properly so people prefer importing Gmail to Outlook for that.
These could be some of the reasons why people prefer to export Gmail emails to Outlook. To transfer Gmail to Outlook, we have a solution. Have a look!
How to import Gmail to Outlook?
Here we are discussing the methods using which you can easily migrate emails of Gmail into MS Outlook. Follow the below steps for manually exporting Gmail emails to Outlook
Enable the POP/IMAP Setting
Step 1: Open your Gmail account and pick Settings from the upper right corner after logging into your Gmail account.
Step 2: Select Enable IMAP under Forwarding the POP/IMAP.
Step 3: Then pick IMAP Access, And press Save Changes.
Follow the below steps in your Outlook account:
Step 1: Now, open your Outlook email account. And to add an account, go to File, and select Add Account.
Step 2: An Auto Account Setup pop-up will be shown up. Here, enter your Name, Gmail Id, password, and click Next.
Step 3: Press Finish when you’re done. You will be able to see your Gmail mailbox data objects in your Outlook account after the data has been automatically synchronized.
Step 4: Now, from the File menu, select Open & Export >> Import/Export.
Step 5: Tap Next after selecting Export to a file.
Step 6: Select Outlook data file type and press Next.
Step 7: Check subfolders to ensure that all data is exported by entering your name and Gmail id.
Step 8: At last, choose the destination path.
These are the steps to export Gmail emails to Outlook. Moreover, Doing this process manually could be a hectic and unreliable method to switch from Gmail to Outlook, and the reasons are:
- The loss of data and the corrupted files may hinder the process.
- It takes too much knowledge about the technicalities.
- Microsoft Outlook must be installed before the method can be used. It could be a time-consuming process.
- While using a manual method, you can not export your emails selectively filtering your emails.
These are some limitations of the above method to convert Gmail to Outlook. To avoid these limitations, you can opt for an expert tool to export Gmail emails.
How to transfer Gmail to Outlook using an Expert method:
Gmail Backup Tool is an efficient tool to export Gmail emails to Outlook. The software is capable of saving and downloading Gmail emails into different file formats like PST, PDF, EML, MBOX, HTML, etc. Moreover, the utility can also import Gmail emails into other email clients such as Hotmail, Thunderbird, Office 365, AOL, Outlook, etc.
Gmail is a widely used email web service, but as I mentioned above there are some reasons due to which people want to export Gmail email to Outlook. Here, in the blog, I have mentioned the manual as well as an expert solution like Gmail Converter to export Gmail emails to Outlook. Thank you for reading the article. I hope it helped you to do the process. We are here to serve you with many effective solutions for your issues.
Manoj Shukla is an Email Migration and Data Recovery Expert. He has a keen interest in Technology & Entrepreneurship. Also, he loves cricket, music, and books.