Are you finding for solution to know about how to export mail from Windows Live mail to Outlook 2016 & 2019? Then you are at right place, this blog is created for solving your problems regarding Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 migration. Windows Live Mail & Outlook both mail apps are provided by Microsoft team but both are very different from each other and have different functionalities which are provided below for better understanding:
Different Functionalities of Windows Live Mail & Outlook
- Outlook is a part of MS Office Suite, while Windows Live Mail is a part of Windows Essential.
- Outlook supports .pst file extension to store entire data while Live Mail supports .eml email extension to save single emails data.
- Outlook supports mails, address book, contacts, calendar, journals, notes, tasks, etc. while Windows Live Mail supports only mails & calendar items.
- Outlook is a multi-device supported app and can be operated by laptop, tab, mobile, etc. while Windows Live Mail doesn’t.
- MS Outlook is useful for personal & organizations (large & small) users while WLM is suitable for personal users.
- Outlook can be connected by Exchange Server & Office 365 cloud accounts to manage data whereas WLM doesn’t.
How to Export Mail from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 & 2019 Directly
Although, Windows Live Mail & Outlook both are absolutely different mail clients but Microsoft provides export function in WLM to transfer mails data in Outlook which can transfer few Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook. If you have few WLM emails and want to convert them in Outlook directly then follow the given simple steps –
- Open Windows Live Mail on your computer screen.
- Then go to File menu >> Export >> Export Messages
- Then go with Microsoft Exchange option.
- After that choose folder which you want to convert data in Outlook or you can also choose all folders for all mailbox data migration. Then click on OK button
- Transferring process will start and complete with successful message.
Note – the direct migration way is suitable for only few messages and if users have large database then it will not be a perfect way and sometimes, it fails due to technical issues. This process can be applicable for same operating system of Windows Live Mail & Outlook (both mail clients should be configured in same machine.) otherwise it will not work.
How to Export Mail from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, & 2010
If you want to export Windows Live Mail emails data to Outlook on other computer and have large database of Live Mail emails then you can go with Windows Live Mail Converter tool that can solve all issues within few minutes and simply export lots of emails from Windows Live Mail to PST for Outlook at once. The software provides exact solution and automatically detects message store location of WLM and help to select its configured mails. It provides new PST & upgrade PST option which help to save Windows Live Mail emails data to new PST for default PST of Outlook. It maintains all emails properties – metadata, formatting, attachments, images, etc.
Still, want a free trial for satisfaction then download its free demo facility which allows exporting 10 emails from Windows Live Mail to PST for Outlook without any cost or charges. It helps to understand all working procedure of the app and know about to export mail from Windows Live Mail within few minutes. Therefore, just go with the app and forget all issues about the emails migration to PST Outlook from Windows Live Mail.