QuickBooks Error 108 is related to the bank that appears when you connect your bank details or card and receive a message from the bank side to respond over it. When you open your online banking panel, you find the notification related to exclusive offers, new service guidelines, or quick changes in the banking site. In this post, we will find out the reasons for the QuickBooks Error code 108 and the solutions to fix it.
Causes of QuickBooks Intuit Error 108
QB Error 108 can take place due to various reasons. Some of the possible causes are below:
- Improper logged in with the online bank account
- Entering an incorrect username or password is another reason behind it.
- Any issue with the internet connectivity can cause interference between the network server and the program.
- Bult elimination of downloaded transactions can result in Error 108.
Indications of QuickBooks Bank Error 108
You can encounter the following changes when this QuickBooks Banking Error 108 takes place-
- When this error happens, you will see QuickBooks error message code 108 on your screen.
- You will be unable to continue with the work on the QBD application.
- The QB program window crashes due to the occurrence of this error.
- QuickBooks freezes for a few seconds frequently.
- Slow performance of the system.
The above instances can help you to recognize that QB bank error has arrived. Now let’s know the troubleshooting methods to fix it.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 108
QuickBooks Desktop Error 108 is related to banking, and users should fix it on time. There are multiple ways to rectify it that are listed below:
Solution 1: Check the Notifications from your Bank
- Sign in to your net banking account using your username and password from a browser.
- Check if there are any notifications from the net banking account that require urgent action.
- Clear the notifications.
- Sign out from your account and open QB Online.
- Now, sign in to your QBO account and click Banking.
- Go to Update from the Banking tab.
Now check if the issue is solved. In case the same error continues and you are still noticing the error code 108 on your screen, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Turn off pop-up blockers
- Firstly, turn off all the pop-up blockers on your workstation.
- Also, check that the pop-up blocker is off in your antivirus program.
- Next, you need to erase your browser’s cookies and caches.
- Restart the browser.
- Hold the ctrl key and log in to your online bank’s website.
- Then, log in to QB Online and verify if Error 108 is solved or not yet. If the error code is still troubling, move to the third method.
Solution 3: Get the Latest Released Updates of QuickBooks
Sometimes, the error can display up due to using an outdated version of the QB software. Getting the latest available QuickBooks updates can fix the problem.
- Start with logging in to your system as a windows administrator.
- Check the QuickBooks is up to date to the latest version or an outdated version is running on the computer.
- Update QuickBooks if it is not updated.
- Set your firewall settings suitable so that all the file records can be accessible.
- Review that your Internet security settings are configured well.
- Lastly, see the error status that it is fixed. If you notice the error message emerging on the screen, then follow the next solution.
Solution 4: Log in to your bank website
- Log in to your online bank account using the bank’s website.
- You can get KB details in the downloaded statements.
- Then, enable and start the pop-up blocker by pressing the Ctrl key.
Solution 5: Check your Firewall Set Up
- Again power up your PC as an administrator.
- Check that you are utilizing the latest version of the Firewall or it is up to date.
- Check your Firewall settings are not preventing the software from accessing the QuickBooks company file.
- Also, verify the internet safety settings are suitably set.
Solution 6: Run the system file checker
- Click the Start menu > type command in the search area.
- To run the cmd tool as an admin, hold both Ctrl and Shift keys and then hit Enter.
- On getting a permission box, click Yes.
- After that, a black window will arrive with a blinking cursor.
- Then, type SFC/scannow and press Enter.
- The System File Checker will begin scanning the Error 108 in QuickBooks and other issues.
- The tool will automatically resolve the issue after identifying the root cause of the problem.
Solution 7: Install the Recent Windows updates
If the above-described solutions don’t work, you will have to get the newly released updates of your existing windows system.
- Click the Start button and type update in the search block.
- After that, you will get a Windows Update page on the screen.
- At last, click on Install Updates if there are any updates possible.
We have described all the possible solutions to get rid of QuickBooks Error 108 manually. Also, we hope your issue has been solved till now. In case you’re still struggling with this error, we suggest you speak to our QuickBooks Support team by dialing a toll-free number +1(800) 314-0226. They will guide you by recognizing the root cause behind the issue and provide the best-fit solution to fix the glitch with surety.