Turkey is a prevalent destination, from the stunning scenery to the delectable cuisine. But more than a vacation alone, it’s now becoming a popular choice for those looking to obtain citizenship by investment.
This friendly part of the world boasts a rich, vibrant lifestyle. Yet beyond this, due to its location, it’s an area of significant geostrategic importance.
All the above make this Eurasian country a popular choice for residency.
Here are some of the expat opportunities available.
The Ins and Outs
To obtain Turkey citizenship by investment, you’ll need to invest a minimum of €400,000. Once you have the funds available and begin proceedings, you can expect the entire process to take under four months.
The Key Benefits
The Turkish investment visa’s most significant benefit is that it gives you access to both European and Asian markets. In addition, you’ll be able to move freely in Turkey and through many other areas in the region.
A Versatile Investment
This investment program was initially announced in 2016. Why? To entice direct foreign investment and heighten the country’s real estate sector.
This investment program is unique in that it allows you to decide on the various means you wish to contribute to the Turkish economy.
What You Can Expect From This Program
There are many advantages to this program, some of which we have listed below:
- When investing in Turkey via this program, you can freely work, live, or study in this part of the world.
- Visa-free travel to 110 countries without a visa, Electronic Travel Authorization, or visa on arrival.
- It’s a great way to gain dual citizenship. This is an asset to you if you already have commitments in your home country, as there is no need to worry about giving up on your nationality.
- It’s an investment you can expect a profitable return on. I.e., through renting real estate. This could be an apartment, a villa, or even land. You can invest in a single property or multiple properties that equate to $400,000.
- And finally, family reunification. This means the visa applies to the entire family, meaning your children can study here. You can also add dependable parents to the visa, and everyone is entitled to free healthcare facilities.
Easy Access to the Schengen Visa
Once you have Turkish citizenship, you can apply for a Schengen visa with ease. All that is required from you is the requested documents.
In addition, several other countries are boasting bilateral agreements with Turkey, which means visa-free travel. Some of these destinations comprise Japan, Hong Kong, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, and almost everywhere in Latin America.
Easy Access to the E2 Visa
Turkey citizenship offers an opportunity to those unable to apply for the E2 Visa through their national citizenship, such as China and India (mainland).
If you are a citizen of a country that boasts trade treaties with America, you’re entitled to apply for an E2 Visa. Turkish citizens are also eligible – another benefit of Turkish citizenship.
A Speedy Path to Citizenship
This citizenship investment route is one of the quickest in existence when it comes to obtaining Turkish citizenship. Upon submitting the application and investing $400,000 in real estate, you will receive your Turkish passport within four months.
A Profitable Option
Unlike other citizenship-by-investment programs available, you’re not required to make a donation to Turkey to be granted a passport. Instead, you can choose from various investment options, many of which are extremely profitable, particularly the real estate route.
Additional Ways To Invest
As well as acquiring real estate valued at a minimum of $400,000, there are several other ways to invest in this part of the world. These include:
- Setting up a company with the intention of employing at least 50 staff.
- Purchasing government bonds that are worth a minimum of $500,000. Like real estate, you must maintain these for three years.
- Invest a capital investment of at least $500,000.
- Set up a Turkish bank account and deposit a minimum of $500,000. This amount must remain the same or be added to for at least three years.
- Invest a minimum of $500,000 in a venture capital investment fund for three years.
Points to Note
As well as the minimum investment of $400,000, it’s important to note that any investments must remain in place for at least three years.
The sum you invest does not have to be in Turkish Lira. You can invest using another currency, such as the Euro, one of the most stable currencies.
The Bottom Line
When investing in Turkey, you not only gain a dual passport but also access to various benefits. These include everything from free healthcare and education rights for all dependent family members to visa-free access to numerous countries.
With no language or residency requirements in place, this program is suited to all.
Provided you are over 18 years of age and meet all the necessary criteria, citizenship by investment is a speedy way to gain access to this part of the world.