“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela.
Education enlightens society. It opens our mind, enriches our thinking and expands our knowledge. And teachers are the vessels via which a budding, learning human mind educates itself.
From the earliest schools in ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia to reputed universities & online assignment help services today, teachers & tutors have been spreading knowledge, broadening perspectives and galvanizing minds to explore & take action.
Let us explore the myriad ways how teachers play a crucial role in crafting a better future for humanity.
Influencing The Society Towards Greatness
As the indispensability of education becomes more and more evident, the role of effective educational systems and capable teachers becomes more and more critical.
The changing times require teaching professionals to take on new challenges along with the perpetual ones. Socio-economic inequality, digital divide, ineffective & inefficient educational systems, societal prejudice and vast ignorance, are some of the most common challenges to holistic education in our times.
Plato, Aristotle, Marie Sullivan, Maria Montessori, Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton Confucius, Socrates, Chanakya– some of the brilliant and innovative minds in the world were great educators and teachers. They were great thinkers who revolutionized human society by asking questions, exploring nature and seeking knowledge endlessly.
Today’s teachers have a similar scope of spreading education, instructing and influencing the future generations towards a promising future. The knowledge they share with the world enriches society and facilitates societal development greatly.
Implementing Advances in Pedagogical Techniques and Information & Communication Technology
Education has gone digital. Online and remote learning allowed educational systems to continue operating despite a pandemic-induced lockdown. Today’s teachers must acquaint themselves with the latest techniques & processes of digital education to connect with & dispense education to their wards better.
ICT allows teachers to continue educating their wards and leapfrog their development despite disruptions. These technologies also enable educators to connect with their peers, learn more about different education systems, teaching techniques, various subjects and topics.
All such information can then be implemented appropriately to augment the existing system and educate students better.
Teachers, well versed in varied pedagogical techniques and ICT training, can
- Usher in curriculum reform,
- Implement effective teacher recruitment process and proper pre-service & in-service education for educators,
- Promote and encourage active learning, higher-order thinking, critical reasoning amongst students,
- Brainstorm ways to develop a resilient learning system
Inspiring Changes In the Society
Teachers can be harbingers of significant change and development by spreading quality education to every student out there. However, the role of a teacher goes beyond just spreading knowledge. A teacher educates their pupil to be the best they can be, from both a personal & social perspective.
For today’s educators, widespread changes in education and society are possible by establishing a solid cognitive, social and teaching presence. Specific ways to make such changes likely are by:
- Encouraging active learning by implementing educational technologies requiring active student participation (blended learning, game-based learning, gamification, simulations, etc.)
- Guiding students and assisting them in achieving their true potential
- Acting as role models and inspiration for impressionable minds by showcasing the importance of compassion, understanding and acceptance in today’s society
- Fostering inquisitiveness and creativity
- Shaping a student’s outlooks and perspectives
- Teaching the importance of appreciating conflicting viewpoints
- Promoting critical thinking, argumentation and logical & scientific reasoning
- Nurturing a student’s strengths and helping them overcome their weaknesses
- Coaching and mentoring young minds to develop further and attain success
- Using education to mould young minds the right way
A better future is possible when a teacher can teach the importance of knowledge, continual learning, hard work, intuitive & intelligent thinking, dedication and open-mindedness to future generations. And, that future becomes a reality when students emulate and apply that learning into their lives and determine ways to implement them for the greater good.
Hope this little article showed readers how & what changes educators should positively influence and paving the path to a better future.
Author-Bio: Michael Collins is a senior teacher from a major public high school in San Francisco, California, the USA. An avid reader and blogger, he is also a part-time tutor at MyAssignmentehlp.com, where he entertains numerous “rate my paper” & “write my paper” requests.