Digital influencer is the voice of today in the world of marketing and advertising. This has eventually given a tremendous rise in the numbers of marketing programs achieving success with effective and multi-platform marketing strategies.
Let us get into understanding every aspect of digital influencers and each parameter influencing the growth, scope, and worth of these influencers in the marketing sector. First, let us start with knowing the meaning of digital influencer.
A digital influencer is a person who has a strong fan following across various social media platforms. Whether it is fashion, food, beauty, or any other niche, digital influencers make their own social following in their respective expertise or niche. These people are known to influence their following with their thoughts, ideas, perceptions, and opinions with high level of confidence.
Benefits of Digital Influencers
How to identify influencers is always a concern for brands and organizations but once the right influencer is sourced, the benefits brands achieve are in abundance. In this section, let us get into understanding the core value of digital influencers and the benefits of working with them.
- These add a fresh outlook to your product or service when interpreting the same amidst their fans.
- Influencers add new perspective and new dimensions to brand marketing and growth.
- Working with these people gives your brand a new and fresh voice to approach your target audience.
- Individual life experiences and choices of influencers bring your brands a new vision to your target audience and your target market.
- Connecting with top digital influencers makes brands target a vast number of online audiences.
- This helps brand build trust and authenticity in the hearts and minds of online audience.
- Also strongly works to enrich content strategy with improved engagement.
- Helps build winning associations between brands and customers.
Types of Digital Influencers
There are mainly 5 types of digital influencers who work the hardest to create and execute winning marketing programs. These include:
- The YouTuber: These are influencers who have a strong fan following on YouTube, a highly dominant social media platform with more than 1 billion active audience.
- The Instagrammer: These are influencers with a strong fan following on Instagram, a social media platform that is much on hype these days. It is also known to drive maximum initiatives concerning brand promotion and awareness when connected with influencers.
- The Snapchatter: These are social media influencers on Snapchat, a digital platform that is gradually taking its course in the industry with high level of audience engagement.
- The Vine Star: These are influencers with a large number of followers on Vine, a social media platform that has eventually made a huge hit to big brands for influencer partnership.
- The Blogger: These are the oldest digital influencers who are rising higher and higher with improved engagement, increased quality of content, improved way of delivering right information, and of course with increasing number of viewership.
Apart from these 5 types, there are various other programs that are making its way deeper into the industry while helping brands create better campaigns and have better reach and audience engagement. Some of the important programs are airbnb influencers, zaful influencers, photobarn influencers, and pur influencers.
How to Find Influencers
Searching for the top social media influencers and high rising stars of various digital channels is no game. You have to follow a streamlined process to source the best and get winning influencers for your marketing campaigns. Here are some simple measures to find the right influencers for greater ROIs and better engagement:
- Firstly, find the organizational goals
- Secondly, know exactly whom you want to influence or who your target audiences are
- Understand the kind of marketing campaign you desire to run
- Then go hunt for influencers with expertise in your industry vertical
- Look for influencers promoting your competitors
- Then get to source influencers who share your aspired audience
- Analyze and verify the authority and authenticity of influencers
- Track the results they have been exhibiting in their previous campaigns with other brands
- Now, once you are aware of all the insights, take a wise decision to select the right influencer
Further to this, there are many tools to find influencers that can also assist you in sourcing the best for your brand.
Making a Career as a Digital Influencer
Now, when you have understood that influencer marketing is growing day by day, you can certainly get into knowing the career aspects of being a digital influencer. There are simple measures that you can follow to become a reputed and inspired digital influencer. These measures are:
- Create your own niche on any selected social media platform
- Keep sharing informative, resonating, and meaningful content
- Try to leverage other networks and platforms as well
- Constantly keep evolving while sharing more and more
Once, you start to create your identity and reputation on various social media channels; do remember that you need atleast 20,000 followers to be a digital influencer. Your journey of earning will start at this juncture in the form of micro-influencers or nano-influencers. Further to that as the number of followers increase, your worth as influencers and the price brands will agree to pay you will keep rising and rising. In general, if you say, you can easily make around $1,000 for every 100,000 followers or you have or it can even go like 1% share on every follower.
All the essentials about digital influencers are clearly indicating the growing requirement and importance of digital influencers. There is much more to experience in this industry and many more milestones to achieve.