Printers are a part of technology on which you rely for creating the best documents such as letters and various advertisements. When you replace your printer’s ink cartridge in order to resolve the ink issue, you will at times witness that the machine is not going to work properly. And you will see that the printer will not print correctly.
So you might question here whether why canon printer not recognizing new ink cartridge? Is there any issue with the printer or the cartridge?
This is the case that is going to happen when the printer is not recognizing the cartridge. Canon printers are known for their reliability when it comes to creating professional documents or high-quality photos.
But as we mentioned the cartridge issue, they can be a bit of a hassle sometimes as well. This is one of the common issues that you might face after changing the cartridge. There are many causes of this issue. Let us understand why you might have been facing this issue:
- The cartridges have not been seated properly.
- The cartridge being installed is empty.
- There is some issue with the printer.
- When the printer has not been covered properly.
There are some things that you need to make sure of before you start the troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that your printer is turned on properly and is plugged in a power source that is reliable.
- Then the canon printer must be connected with the computer through USB or the wireless network connection.
- Also, check if there is still paper in the input tray or not. Also, make sure that you are using the correct media and they are properly loaded on your printer in order to avoid all the printer error
- Also, ensure that the printer is not showing the error signal.
- Make sure that the printer head is clean and is also free from all the ink clogs.
Let us now see the troubleshooting steps for the ink cartridge not recognized Canon:
Take out the protective taping:
Most of the ink cartridge products arrive with a tiny band of tape that is going to seal the print nozzle. The main purpose of it is to block the nozzle and stop the ink from leaking out when the cartridge is stored or shipped.
If you think that you did not take out the protective taping while installing the ink cartridge, then the ink is not going to come out from the cartridge’s nozzles. You need to ensure that you remove the protective tape once you are installing new cartridges in the printer to ensure a smooth printing process.
Check the Canon cartridges:
There are at times when your canon printer might have failed to recognize the new ink cartridge and thus it might be showing empty. For various printer models, there is a way to bypass the built-in ink checking system through the quick cartridge reset.
- The first thing that you need to do is to raise the printer’s top cover and then hold the Ink button.
- After that let the ink cartridge holder move to the proper cartridge access position.
- Then open the lid of the cartridge which is out of the ink and then lower it back without even taking the cartridge out.
- Then close the printer cover and then start the printing process again.
Although the process of the ink cartridge is going to differ in different models of canon printers. Make sure that you refer to the printer manual and if you don’t know where is the option for resetting the printer.
Clean the printer again:
If you see that you have stored the ink cartridge for an amount of period, then the ink inside it is going to dry in time. Make sure that you start a regular cleaning cycle in order to resolve the problem and allow the printer to recognize the ink cartridge.
You need to look for something that is going to resemble the cleaning button in your canon printer and then long-press it for 3 seconds. Make sure to check the user manual to figure out
more about the cleaning cycle on the. The moment you see that you have finished the cleaning cycle, then you need to do a test print in order to make sure that the printing is back to normal or not.
If it is not, then you need to follow the next step.
Ink cartridge refilling issue:
When you opt for refilling the ink cartridge apart from buying a new one, then it is a great way to save money and time. Refilling the ink cartridge also has its challenges. If you see that it’s not being done properly, then it will result in various issues imprinting process.
It will help if you make sure that the refilled ink is reaching the bottom of the tank. In order to resolve this issue, you need to remove the faulty ink cartridge and then inject the additional ink in the sponge through the exit hole.
The ink flow will also get disrupted or will be blocked as the air bubbles are going to form inside the reservoir. After that pull out the cartridge that is giving you the issue and then leave it for around 60 minutes.
This will allow the air bubbles to go naturally. You can also try to tap on the Ink cartridge to disperse the bubbles. If you are still facing the issue, then you can get in touch with the official experts of canon printers. They will provide you with the right solutions for Canon Printer Ink Cartridges Cannot Be Recognized.