Everything You Need to Know About Buying Luxury Homes in Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach real estate has mastered the art of coastal chic with gorgeous architecture and timeless elegance. With robust demand and a limited supply of homes, finding the perfect property can be challenging. Here’s what buyers and investors need to know about luxury homes in Laguna Beach.
A snapshot of Laguna Beach, CA
Laguna Beach is a small but affluent community in Orange County. It’s one of the most desirable places to live in Southern California with over seven miles of sandy beaches, coves, and tide pools located within city limits. Its coveted oceanside setting lends itself to a widerange of outdoor activities, such as swimming, surfing, and paddle boarding. Previously knownas Lagonas, the city was founded in 1887 and renamed Laguna Beach in 1904.
There are several reasons why Laguna Beach continues to be a summer destination and
desirable place to live:
- Location – As part of the Los Angeles Metro Area, Laguna Beach provides access to some of Southern California’s best-known theme parks, museums, cultural venues, business hubs, and international airports. The city is located about 40 miles south of Los Angeles and roughly 70 miles north of San Diego. It encompasses 8.8 square miles along the Pacific coast with sweeping views of the ocean.
- Attractions and amenities – Laguna Beach offers world-class surfing, swimming, and fishing at Main Beach, Aliso Beach Park, and Crystal Cove Park. Residents can explore coves and tidepools in their own time. The city also provides access to oceanboardwalks and canyon trails for hiking, running, and cycling. Aside from offering a wide range of outdoor activities, Laguna Beach is also a shopping and dining destination with Village Faire Shoppes, Laguna Lumberyard Mall, Boat Canyon Shopping Center, and Pepper Tree Lane offering an array of major retailers, coffee shops, and fine casual restaurants.
- Transportation – Although most residents get around by car with ample parking in Laguna Beach, the city center is pedestrian-friendly. Laguna Beach also provides a free trolley service in addition to the Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA) bus line and train stations like the Laguna Beach Bus Depot.
An overview of luxury homes in Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach offers an exclusive selection of condos, townhomes, and single-family homes. There are also a limited number of luxury manufactured homes in the city. The most sought-after properties are waterfront estates with direct beach access as well as modern condos with sweeping views of the ocean. Some of the largest properties feature outdoor pools, spacious viewing decks, and lush landscaping. The luxury real estate market offers a wealth of architectural styles, including Modern, Contemporary, Craftsman, Ranch, Mediterranean, and Storybook Tudor. Factors to Consider When Deciding on Property Size and Type
- Location – They say real estate is all about location, location, and location. Fortunately, Laguna Beach is made up of desirable neighborhoods to suit each taste. The city’s waterfront is the most coveted location among buyers, particularly communities like Blue Lagoon, South Laguna Bluffs, and The Village, where the homes are either perched cliffside or situated close to the water.
- Property type – The luxury real estate market offers different property types and a variety of layouts. From single-story homes with open layouts to three-story mansions with seamless indoor-to-outdoor design, Laguna Beach caters to discerning buyers with an eye for detail.
- Size – Laguna Beach offers estate-style properties with acres of outdoor space as well as condos with efficiently-designed spaces for minimalist yet sophisticated living. Buyers should choose a property that enhances their lifestyle and reflects their values and design sensibility.
- Design and architecture – Laguna Beach harbors architecturally significant properties such as the Rock House, a beachfront mansion designed by Brion Jeannette; the Villa Rockledge, Mediterranean-style villa primarily designed by Arthur Benton; and the Bette Davis House, a French-Normandy estate design by Aubrey St. Clair.
An overview of luxury home prices in Laguna Beach
Luxury homes prices range from $2.19 million to upwards of $39.7 million depending on location, lot orientation, property size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and on-site amenities like infinity pools and viewing decks. Cliffside homes and properties with direct beach or water access typically command the highest prices in Laguna Beach.
The importance of knowing your price range
Knowing how much home you can afford is a vital component of the property search, considering the wide range of prices in the high-end of the market. It’s also important to make sure that the price of home accurately reflects its market value and overall condition in order to maximize your investment.
Find luxury homes in Laguna Beach with professional representation
With a wide range of architectural styles and property features in the city, choosing is truly the hard part. When looking for luxury homes in Laguna Beach, it’s important to get professional representation to gain access to exclusive and off-market listings.