Your Mattress is one of the most important purchases you’ll make in your lifetime. It affects your sleep, stress levels, entire mood quality of life. When you’re shopping for a new mattress, it’s critical to make sure it lasts. The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) recommends that you plan on replacing your mattress every eight years. Furthermore, the Saatva coupon code can help you save money every time you make a purchase.
Although, longevity varies based on the size of the Mattress, the materials used in manufacturing, and a variety of other factors. By taking a little time to learn more about your Mattress, you’ll be able to determine what makes a mattress last longer. However, below are few tips that will increase the life of your Mattress:
- Sleep on a mattress pad or a waterproof pillowcase. These liners will prevent the Mattress from being stained by your spouse’s, children’s, or pets’ urine and feces.
- Buy a mattress made from natural materials. Such as cotton, wool, and soybean products. These materials help retain the natural airflow in the Mattress, thereby keeping it cool
- When you wash your Mattress, could you not put it in the dryer? It can cause the top sheet to shrink and jam under the weight of your Mattress, making it less comfortable.
- Don’t use any harsh detergents or bleach on your Mattress or polyester-based fabric sheets. You’ll damage both if you do.
- When you’re purchasing a new mattress, look for the labels that show the plastic content. It is because polyurethane foams and polyester-based materials can be harmful to your health if they contain high amounts of plastic.
- Make sure to change the sides of the bed at least every six months. It will ensure even wear to your Mattress.
- If it’s possible, buy two twin mattresses rather than one larger Mattress. It helps prevent the “divide” in your Mattress caused by heavyweight shifts in your sleep cycle.
How do you know when it’s time to replace your Mattress?
After eight years, your Mattress will have lost 10% of its original resiliency and comfort. It is because cushioning materials break down over time and stop working correctly. Always make sure to read the manufacturer’s warranty and take your Mattress to any outsourced service center only after the warranty period has expired. However, the Saatva discount code will also help you save big each time you buy a new mattress. Before you replace your Mattress, make sure to give it a thorough cleaning and foam repair. You can do this at any local retailer or online with a company such as Saatva.
How can good quality bedding affect the life of your mattresses?
The quality of your bedding can affect the life of your Mattress in several ways. For example, if you don’t have a good mattress pad or waterproof pillowcase, your Mattress will be more likely to get stained by urine and feces. It is because stains will last longer on your Mattress than on other fabric types such as cotton and polyester. Even though you can remove stains from mattresses, it’s not difficult to prevent them in the first place. On the other hand, acquiring a good mattress pad or pillowcase will protect your Mattress by making it easier to wash. The Saatva promo code is always there to help you save money while shopping for new mattresses.