Despite the drawback of having many technical errors, what is best about QuickBooks accounting software is that it helps users to resolve any error simply by mentioning the ‘Error code’ of the encountered error. So, considering the fact, let’s learn today about how you can fix the ‘QuickBooks 6000 error code.’
QuickBooks Error 6000 code is quite a common error that users encountered while opening the ‘Company file’ due to any of the following factors:
- Improper Shutdown of QuickBooks Software
- Out-dated QB Software
- Corrupted or damaged Windows Operating System
- Your firewall setting is blocking the connection
- Data File Size Extended beyond Limit
- Virus Attack on the Hard Drive
- Corrupted (.TLG) or (.ND) file
- Wrong QuickBooks Software Installation
- Damaged or Corrupt Hard Drive
So, if anyone of you has recently faced trouble due to the ‘QuickBooks Corrupt Company File’ error then, these below-mentioned are the effective solutions (irrespective of all the factors) from which you can try anyone to troubleshoot the company file error completely:
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Software:
- To update QuickBooks, go to its ‘Help Page’ and click on ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- Then, choose the ‘Update now’ tab in order to select the ‘Latest version of the QuickBooks Software.’
- After that, click on the ‘Install Now’ option and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest QuickBooks software version in your Windows operating system.
Now, try to open your company file again to ensure whether the error is still there or not. If yes, then try solution number 2.
Solution 2: Rename the (.ND) and (.TLG) files:
- To do so, you need to open the folder that contains all your company files.
- From the list, find the files name that is similar to your company files but with the following extensions—
- After that, click right one by one on these two files and select the option of ‘Rename.’
- Now, you need to add the word ‘OLD’ at the end of these two files for example—
Once done with it, try to open your Company files again to ensure whether the error has been resolved or not. If not, then move on to the most effective method to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 6000.
Solution 3: Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
This is the diagnostic tool designed by Intuit to repair many QuickBooks issues that users face related to damaged company files and network errors. So, in order to run this tool, first and foremost close the QBW32.exe process from your ‘Windows Task Manager,’ then, download its latest version from the official Intuit site and then, follow these steps—
- Double-click on the download file in order to follow the on-screen prompts to install the ‘QB File Doctor Tool’ on your PC.
- Then, click on its icon to open it and find your company files from the drop-down list to choose the option of ‘Check File damage only.’
- After that, click on the ‘Diagnose file’ option to let the tool start the ‘Fixing’ process.
- Moving further, you’ll be asked to choose the error code related to your company file damage issue. So, simply select the ‘6000 series error’ and as well as enter your ‘Company file admin password.’
- After that, choose either ‘YES: if you’re working on the QuickBooks server’ or ‘NO: if you’re working on the QuickBooks workstation’ to continue the diagnosing process.
- ● Then, click on the ‘Repair’ option to finally let the tool repair your ‘QuickBooks Corrupt Company File’ error.
That’s it! This is how you can easily troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error code 6000 related to your company file without any need for further assistance.