In these uncertain Covid-19 times where several people die within a few seconds, cost-efficient healthcare is assured by an American platform named Zocdoc. It emerged in the market in 2007 and aims to strengthen its business operations by offering more services after receiving $150 million in funds in February this year.
It serves as an online healthcare platform for patients to book appointments with a variety of doctors quickly. Zocdoc has a huge number of cardiologists, dentists, dermatologists, ENT specialists, gastroenterologists, general physicians, gynaecologists, neurologists, ophthalmologists, orthopaedics, psychiatrists, and urologists listed on its platform.
Some latest facts and insightful information about Zocdoc is
- Zocdoc has partnered with the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), New York which is renowned for orthopaedics treatment.
- People aged 16 and above located in Chicago can book Covid-19 vaccine appointments instantly on the Zocdoc app by utilizing the Vaccine Scheduler tool.
- Zocdoc is planning to focus more on segments like the automatic finding of vaccines and remote health monitoring of patients, and telehealth in the future.
- It has witnessed an impressive 50% growth in the registration of new healthcare providers.
Entrepreneurs aiming to strongly position themselves in the digital healthcare industry can do it successfully by teaming up with a competent app development company for Zocdoc clone app development. Top-notch Android and iOS apps will be created for the patients and doctors along with a modern admin dashboard.
How the Zocdoc Like App is highly beneficial for doctors?
- Efficient management of their schedule – through instant approval of appointments made by the patients. Both in-person and telehealth bookings are accepted quickly.
- Timely medical intervention is ensured – as reminders are shared through email alerts, push notifications, and SMS to the doctors 24×7.
- Safety of healthcare data is assured – by complying with the regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Doctors working in clinics and hospitals – can attend only to a few patients every day. However, if they use the Zocdoc like app, they can quickly scale up from hundreds to thousands of patients easily.
- Minimum operational costs – as every process is completely digitized and paperwork is eliminated. This ensures a greater return on investment for healthcare professionals.
- In case there is a cancellation – of an appointment by a patient at the last minute, the doctors will not suffer any losses as a replacement booking will be immediately filled in their respective time slot.
- Doctors get access to insightful articles and blogs – related to different aspects like data analysis, marketing of their services, patient trends, and stress management. They can make the best decisions to grow the scope of their business operations.
The robust tech stack behind Zocdoc Clone App Development is
- Various programming languages like Go, Python, and Swift.
- Efficient management of the huge volume of data through database storage systems such as Amazon Redshift, Amazon S3, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda, and Redis.
- Other business tools like Confluence for remote patient monitoring, Google Suite, and Slack for instant messaging.
How does the Zocdoc Like App function?
- The patients register on the Zocdoc clone app by submitting required information like email address, disease or illness that they are suffering from, previous treatment history, and phone number.
- The doctors create a profile on the Zocdoc like app. They have to share details of their qualification and work experience. The admin will verify their background and data before approving them as a healthcare provider on the online platform.
- The patients can either book an instant appointment or schedule a consultation session with the doctors on a specific date in the future.
- The consultation session between the doctors and patients will be held either in-person or through a mix of audio and video.
- The doctors diagnose the health problems faced by the patients and issue their advice and prescribe medicines.
- The consultation session ends once the patients have clarified all the queries with the doctors.
- The patients rate the quality of their digital healthcare and the professionalism on a scale of 1-5 in the integrated review system.
The methodology followed for state-of-the-art Zocdoc Clone App Development
- Recognizing the business plans – and operational scope of the client firm planning to enter the lucrative digital healthcare industry.
- Researching about the current market conditions – the issues faced by patients in the traditional healthcare system, and the strategies followed by other online healthcare apps.
- Complying with the regulations – issued by authorities and governments related to privacy, protection of medical data, and functioning of online healthcare platforms.
- Developing the prototype of the Zocdoc like app – with all the necessary features and functionalities.
- Conducting a pilot test of the prototype – in controlled conditions to know its initial performance.
- Establishing the front-end – of the Zocdoc clone app after creating the UI/UX design.
- Setting up the back-end – of the Zocdoc like app by installing the operational server.
- Rigorously testing the final version of the solution – Bugs and vulnerabilities are removed from the Zocdoc clone app after testing its operational capacity, performance, and speed.
- Launching it officially in the market – The Zocdoc like app is released in the target market for usage by the patients.
- Implementing promotional campaigns – aggressively across online forums and social media platforms to share the benefits of the Zocdoc clone app
Zocdoc will be an integral player in the market for online healthcare platforms in the years to come. It has taken over as the leading appointment scheduling application in the American market with aggressive expansion of its business operations.
Entrepreneurs can earn huge revenue from the Zocdoc like app by charging commission from doctors for listing their healthcare services on the platform, publishing targeted healthcare advertisements, transaction processing fees for usage of the inbuilt payment gateway, and booking fees for each appointment made by the patients.
The global digital healthcare market is all set to surpass a humongous value of $833.4 billion by 2027 with a 27.9% annual growth rate. Integration of advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data, and Machine Learning (ML) will transform the online healthcare industry for the better. Hence, entrepreneurs can make the most of this golden opportunity by involving in game-changing Zocdoc clone app development by partnering with a reputed app development company.