If you’re facing the difficulties in installing or opening the QuickBooks Desktop, then it’s advised to use the QB Install Tool (QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic). It’s intended to diagnose and resolve the problems with C++, .NET Framework, and MSXML.
Although you can contact the QuickBooks customer service professionals to know how to use the QB Install utility to fix the problem instantly, the solutions below you can also follow to resolve these errors.
Common QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors:
You may face the QuickBooks errors if your Windows operating system is outdated or corrupted or one of the important modules that are used by the QuickBooks Desktop faulty or not working properly.
Fortunately, downloading and running the QB Install Tool to resolve various problems that you may face during the QuickBooks Desktop version installation process. Some of the common QB installation errors are as follows:
- QB Unrecoverable issue
- Errors 1603, 1904, 1935, and 1402
- The corrupted .NET Framework error
- Corrupted MSXML and C++ files errors
- QuickBooks has stopped operating suddenly
Learn How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Installation Errors Permanently
Fix 1 – Run the QB Install Tool to Resolve MSXML, Microsoft .NET, and C++ errors
- Download the QB Install Tool from the official site of QuickBooks.
- Save the download file to the system’s Desktop once asked.
- Shut down other running applications and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After completing the process, restart your PC to make sure the components are up-to-date.
The procedure may take 10 to 20 minutes to finish, rely on the performance of your PC and the speed of Internet connection. After running the QBInstall utility, you may need to re-activate the QuickBooks Desktop program.
Fix 2 – Install Missing Windows Updates
If you’re using the outdated version of Windows OS, QuickBooks can’t install or open appropriately. To install the Windows Updates, you first have to press down the Windows logo key on the keyboard and type the ‘Windows Update’ in the search box. Once you complete the installation, ensure to restart or reboot your PC. After that, you can try to open and install the QuickBooks desktop again on your computer and check if it fixes the problem.
Fix 3 – Other Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Windows Components and QuickBooks Desktop Problems
If you’re unable to fix the issue using the QB Install Tool, you can still fix the problems with Windows components by performing a manual troubleshooting. You must have an expert’s hand to implement this solution. Otherwise, you can ask the help of Windows experts. Here’s how to do:
- You can resolve out the Microsoft .Net Framework error and repair it by following the same as given in the above solution.
- Restoring the damaged MSXML is relatively easy, and you just have to ensure that you have appropriately installed the MSXML. Otherwise, it can cause your QuickBooks program not to work adequately.
Fix 4 – Install QuickBooks in Selective Start-up Mode
Sometimes, most of the other processes running in the background on your system may interfere with the QuickBooks and stop it from installing correctly. If none of the above-given steps worked to fix the errors and establish the QB program, you could continue with these steps to make a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Start-up mode.
Before you start installing the QB program, you first need to launch your computer in Selective Start-up mode. Here’s how to do:
- Press the Ctrl+R key to start the Run command. Enter the misconfig and click the ‘OK’ button.
- Choose the ‘Selective Startup’ option, and then click the ‘Load system services,’ followed by the ‘Load startup items’ in the ‘General’ tab.
- Select the ‘Services’ tab, and then choose the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ option and click on the ‘Disable all’ button.
- Click to remove the checkbox next to the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services.’
- Check the services list and make sure the checkbox next to the Windows Installer is chosen. If it’s not, select it and click the ‘OK’ button.
- Click the ‘Restart’ button on the ‘System Configuration’ screen to reboot your PC. After restarting the computer, you can then install the QuickBooks Desktop using a clean install.
If you’re still facing the error during the QuickBooks Desktop installation process or when trying one of the solutions above, you can seek the other troubleshooting ways to resolve the issues. Call at the QuickBooks error support phone number to get the further help of IT professionals who are trained to provide the reliable solutions for QuickBooks issues.